Arlington/Cambridge Massachusetts Real Estate Purchases and Sales
Cash Buyer Representation from an Experienced Real Estate Attorney- serving Middlesex, Suffolk and Essex Counties.
As a result of the recent tightening up of underwriting requirements for the approval of a residential mortgage loan application, many more Buyers of residential property are paying cash.
I will advise you on how to best draft the terms of the Offer to suit your purposes as a cash buyer.
At the Law Office of Joseph A. Lopisi, my real estate practice involves all areas of general real estate law, from the purchase and sale of all types of real property to residential refinancing, lender representation, condominium conversions, and real estate development. I have more than 40 years of experience representing clients throughout the Boston, Massachusetts, metropolitan area including, but not limited to, Middlesex, Suffolk, Essex and Norfolk Counties in their comprehensive real estate needs. I can help you.
For responsive service and knowledgeable, well-informed legal representation in your residential or commercial purchase or sale, contact me today. I will listen to your objectives and clearly explain your options in a complimentary telephone consultation.
Representation of Cash Buyer
My flat fee is $1,200.00. This flat fee includes my being at the closing with you.
In my representation of a cash buyer, I will provide the following services:
- Review the offer to purchase
- Extend the date to sign the purchase agreement and sale agreement, if necessary
- If a condominium, review the condominium documents and speak with a trustee or property manager and review the condominium documents with you
- Prepare, negotiate, and finalize the purchase and sale agreement
- Review the purchase and sale agreement with you in my office if you wish or on the telephone
- Coordinate the closing with the seller’s attorney
- Have my title examiner do a title exam
- Review the title report to insure that the title is clean
- If there are encumbrances that need to be cleared, request the Seller’s attorney do what is required to clear the title
- Order a Municipal Lien Certificate from the town treasurer’s office
- Order a plot plan from my surveyor
- Prepare the settlement statement and finalize it with the Seller’s attorney
- Prepare other necessary closing documents for signature by the parties
- Prepare a declaration of homestead
- Attend the closing
My flat fee does not include the cost of the title examination which is normally approximately $200, the plot plan which is $200 and the Municipal Lien Certificate which is between $25 and $100.
The cost of the Owner’s Title Insurance Policy is also not included in my flat fee. The Owners’ Title Insurance Policy has a one-time premium which is equal to $4.00 for every $1000 of purchase price.
Comprehensive Real Estate Services
I also represent homeowners in residential refinancing mortgages, real estate developers, and owners of multifamily houses.